 |
| Silvestro Instructs |
Well my day cooking with Silvestro arrived. I was a bit nervous that my cooking skills are not of a professional standard but that proved foundless. I joined class with an Australian couple from Melbourne and 2 Canadian woman from Montreal They had done the week course and I joined in for the last day Chris joined us for the meals. It was geat fun Silvestro has a rustic farmhouse kitchen that looks like something from Designers Guild and we cooked up a storm with ingredients that we purchased at the markets. We made some Quince paste and then the pasta for the evening meal. Lunch was Fish soup with an abundance of Prawns mussels fish calamari all just quickly boiled with white wine and then ate at the table with gusto and bottles of Rose wine
Gillie and Darby cooking up quinces These slowly bubbled along all day and then we had a gift of quince paste to take home
Dinner at 6 pm was and we made a Lamb casserole and the veges of beans fennel aubergine and potatoes We did the prep and then popped out to a wine bar for a glass of wine and back to virtually sit down and enjoy The Aussie couple were very interesting, with Darby having a vast knowledge of wine. Silvestro opened up his cellar for tasting and conversation flowed. It was nice to chat to a bunch of new people in English. We never left until midnight We waddled home to our Palazzo after a great day
a view of the kitchen
 |
| Hands on cook |
Gill & Chris
ReplyDeleteLooks Like your having fun in Italia!. I got back from the Canadian rockys today ( sorry no blog for me) it was great but yours looks better!
Gilly I was bought across the Pacific by one of your old airline colleagues Joss- she was lovely and looked after me well. I gave her your details and got hers for you will email them through. Continue to enjoy
Mark